In recent decays with powerful inexpensive computers, and affordable easy-to-use software, simulation is being undertaken by more and more industrial applications from deign to manufacturing and project management.
The use of simulation in the design process can bring many benefits that will save both time, money. It also helps to train engineers and operators and encourage them to innovate faster.
Most young operators have never experienced a plant turnaround or a critical situation. The only way to ensure that they will take the proper action during a crisis is to prepare them for it.
Simulators not only provide a great way to train the next generation of operators; they also provide a great way to keep the current workforce performing at a high level of proficiency.
Preventable human errors cause approximately 40 percent of all abnormal situations. Better-trained operators make fewer mistakes; recognize process upsets earlier; and can initiate the appropriate steps and actions to mitigate any potentially harmful, wasteful, or detrimental effects.
PC-based Operator Training Simulator (OTS) is a powerful training tool to:
- Understand the fundamentals of process
- Develop the scenario-based training to teach operators how to deal with normal and emergency situations without compromising the actual plant, worker safety, and the environment. Few other tools offer this type of training opportunity.
- Enhance creativity and the decision making capabilities of the operators by letting them try different strategies to bring a critical situation under control.
- Be Used it as an assessment tool to identify people with best natural aptitude and potential to become effective equipment and plant operators.
The variety of collaborative projects can be defined for your personnel. They will interact via web with each other from wherever, whenever you want upon their working schedule. The well designed OST exercises keep your personnel always alert and up to date. It stimulate their creativity, engagement in their routine tasks and desire for become proficient, safe operators.
ADEPP products and Instructional design expertise can make your immersive virtual reality project for training and project management a success. We carefully audit and collect the existing tools and procedures of your plant of integrate them in the selected VR platform. We provide consultancy to choose the most appropriate VR tool and showrooms for your application.
In training, realism is very important to help ensure that operators can get the most out of it. Studies show that trainees who work with simulation software are more productive than those who only trained on an actual machine.
Model fidelity must be sufficient to replicate the response of the plant so that the operators cannot tell the difference between the simulation and the real thing. The same is true for other aspects of the simulation. The more realistic it is in other aspects, the more the trainees will accept the method and retain what they’ve learned from their experience with the simulator.
Virtual Reality (VR) adds another dimension of realism to simulation. VR has been used with excellent results for many years to train astronauts, pilots, and military personnel. Now, high fidelity, 3D virtual reality simulators are available for the process and energy industries.
Simulation in general is always a good idea, as it lets you test designs and ideas without spending too much money or effort actually building anything. And in some cases, an experiment would be impossible or too expensive to carry out (satellite launching, aircraft aerodynamics, etc) so a simulation would be the next best thing.
By using simulation, you can find fault points within your designs, simulate ideas as you think of them, and even quantitize and optimize them. It can even be used simulation to verify my theories - if the theoretical simulation matches what actually happens, then the theory is proven!
There are any existing 3D models which can be used for training purposes. But these models are scattered and belong to the different software companies, consultancies, engineering / manufacturing / operating companies and vendors. Our aim in ADEPP Academy is to:
- Collect the existing models for each typical installation such as FPSO, Drilling site, LNG plant, Refinery, etc.to help professionals and trainees to have an easy and coherent access to the validated models.
- Develop the missing 3D models using the appropriate software.
ADEPP process control, instrumentation, automation, electrical, telecommunication and mechanical experts provides the following services:
- Conceptual, basic and detailed engineering
- Consultancy services on procurement and installation
- Asset Integrity management of C&I, electrical, mechanical systems
- Maintenance and turnaround supervision
- Brownfield upgrades
- Basic Control design and tuning
- Alarm management
- SIL assessment and verification
- Hazardous area classification and ATEX compliance
- Fire & Gas Detection Systems
- Emergency Shutdown Systems
- Security and Emergency Telecommunication system