Our Business Ethics
Also called Organisation Moral Philosophy, involves systematising, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong behaviour. We recognise the following set of duties that reflects our moral convictions:
|Fidelity||The duty to keep promises|
|Reparation||The duty to compensate others when we harm them|
|Gratitude||The duty to thank those who help us|
|Justice||The duty to recognise merit|
|Beneficence||The duty to improve the conditions of others|
|Self-improvement||The duty to improve our virtue and intelligence|
|Non-maleficence||The duty to not injure others|
|We recognise that engineering has a direct and vital impact on the quality of life for all people. Accordingly, the services provided by ADEPP Academy require honesty, impartiality, fairness and equity, and must be dedicated to the protection of public health, safety and welfare. We perform under a standard of professional behaviour which requires adherence to the highest principles of ethical conduct.|
ADEPP Academy, in the fulfilment of their professional duties, will:
- Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public.
- Perform services only in areas of their competence.
- Issue the public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
- Act for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees.
- Avoid deceptive acts.
- Conduct themselves honourably, responsibly, ethically and lawfully so as to enhance the honour, reputation and usefulness of the profession.